Sunday, 25 November 2012

A Sense of Perspective

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy mentions the "Total Perspective Vortex", which a man invented to annoy his wife who kept on telling him to get a sense of proportion. The wife enters the Vortex and sees how insignificant she is in comparison to the universe and the shock totally destroys her brain. The loss of his wife was tempered by the fact that she had been wrong all along and to get on in life the one thing that you mustn't have is a sense of proportion.

Last week I managed to swim 26 lengths of the 15 metre pool at Bourn Golf Club. But this week I could only manage 8 lengths before having to stop. I only managed to get into the right rhythm by purposively losing count. I then managed to count 26 lengths and I could have done more.

Suddenly a 1500 metre swim doesn't seem so impossible. Providing I don't try and count the 100 lengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment